Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lefty Loosy, Righty Tighty ( Stage VIII )

Wow!!! What a fantastic commentary by my fellow classmate Eric Levi in Stage 7. I totally believe his argument on this matter. $600 is not enough to do the marvels for a long-time. There are tons of people out there who will go crazy over the amount and spend it on unwanted things or just use to pay-off their debts, but in the end the "debt collectors" will be the ones to get the richness out of it all. Don't get me wrong. There are people out there who really really need this money, and might just use it for a good cause but in the end it just might not help them much. Like Eric pointed out, this will not solve our economic status, nor will it make it better, it would just worsen the situation even more. And looking at the gas prices I also believe that the $153 billion used for the "stimulus package" should be instead used for regulating oil companies. I believe this will benefit the 90% out there who are so much stressed out over gas issues. I asked my Chemistry teacher the other day, how many parties he has been to lately, and his response was. Parties... what parties? I cannot afford gas, so if there is a party in downtown, guess what? I am not going. And I said, well then, that makes two of us.

No comments: